Thursday, July 3, 2014

Blogathons, Guest Posts and Theme Months, Oh My!





I’m not sure where the time went, but the Goldblumathon, a celebration of all things Jeff Goldblum, is less than a month away.  I just wanted to extend a big thanks to everyone who’s signed up, expressed interest in, harrumphed their disdain, or expressed support for my little blogathon.  It really means a lot (and the checks are in the mail).*  If you’d like to contribute a Godblum-related review or retrospective, it’s not too late to join in on the festivities.  Feel free to respond to this post, email me, or send a tweet.  You can find more details, including a current list of participants and FAQ here.



* Checks may take several decades to arrive.




Eagle-eyed (or bored) readers might have noticed my recent appearances outside of Cinematic Catharsis, spreading my Cthulu-like tentacles of movie lovin’ all over the web (Yes, I realize how creepy that sounds.  Don’t judge!)  Rupert PupkinSpeaks, the gold standard in movie blogs, invited me to contribute to their Underrated Detective/Mysteries series.  You’ll find my top five picks here.  Also, the fine folks at Movie Fanfare, the blog for Movies Unlimited, re-posted two of my previous posts, ‘80sMonster Movie Faves, and my Das Boot review.  And just in case you missed it, you can hear my caffeine-infused rant about Battle Beyond the Stars, as a guest on Forgotten Films’ Forgotten Filmcast.



Later this month, I’ll be taking part in the Accidentally Hilarious blogathon, hosted by silent film sage Fritzi of Movies Silently, with my review of the immortal Ed Wood classic Glen or Glenda.  In August, I’ll be reviewing Werner Herzog’s Where the Green Ants Dream for the 1984A-Thon, hosted by Todd of Forgotten Films.  Last, but not least, I’m planning a review of a title to be named later for the ongoing Troma Super Summer Spectacular Blogathon, hosted by the wise and powerful Vern of The Vern’s Video Vortex.




But wait, there’s more.  As if that’s not enough, Silent September and Horror Month will return,  along with a special theme month to be named later.  Whew! 



Thanks to everyone who stops by on a regular or semi-regular basis. Your comments and suggestions are always welcome and encouraged.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment